Thursday, August 30, 2007

Loof Toof

Hannah has her first loose tooth! On Tuesday, she mentioned that her tooth felt funny. I quickly dismissed this, reminding her that she's getting her six year molars, so her mouth might feel funny. She persisted, saying it was her front teeth, not her back teeth that felt funny. Sure enough, upon inspection we found a wiggly bottom left tooth! She's so thrilled. ALL she could talk about that night was her tooth. Would it still be there in the morning? What would the tooth fairy do with it? How does the tooth fairy get into the house? What would she look like without that tooth? Would it hurt when the new tooth grew in to take it's place?


In case anyone is wondering why Hannah's nose and upper lip are a little scratched up, she fell at the park yesterday. A full on flying leap face plant into the bark chips. Apparently, running and jumping onto a swing is harder than it looks. I'm not sure why she attempted such a maneuver, but that's what she said happened. I asked her if her face or hands hit the ground first. She said they hit at the same time. Ouch.


2 comments:

Betsy said...

How old is Hannah? Makena doesn't have a loose tooth yet! I think she is the only first grader with all her baby teeth in tact.

Cailean said...

What a cutie!!! I remember the tooth fairy fondly but we haven't needed her to visit yet. Although I'll admit the way my girls let me cut their nails? I created....(drumroll please) The Fingernail Fairy!! Same type of thing, cut their nails, save the cuttings, put in a bowl on their windowsill and they get a little candy. Hilarious :)