Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tagged by Mari...

Thanks for the beginning blog help Mari! Here's my answers to your "blog tag" questions:


Job's I've Had (in no order, it took me too long to remember this many to organize them at all):
1. Restaurant Hostess @ Dukes on Lake Bellevue
2. Courier/Receptionist/TA/Research Assistant/Jack of all trades @ BYU Religious Ed Dean's Office
3. Event Planning Assistant: stamp-licking, database entering, heavy box lifting Jack of all trades @ Prestige Events
4. Fax Girl Extraordinaire (Yes, my job was to send faxes ALL DAY. It was a big company.) @ CH2M Hill
5. My first "real" post-college job: Residential Home Land Acquisition/Development: due diligence, financial model tinkering - er, preparation, AND Jack of all trades (notice the theme to my work?) @ Quadrant Homes


Movies I can watch over and over:
1. Napoleon Dynamite (favorite line: "I want that." 10, no, 20 points to anyone who can tell me the scene that line is in)
2. Much Ado About Nothing
3. The R.M. (I'm a sucker for Mormon Cinema)
4. Pride and Prejudice - any version, but my fav is the A&E version with Colin Firth :)
5. Sense & Sensibility


Places I've Lived:
1. Bellevue, WA
2. Provo, UT (5 different apartments in 4 years... not bad)
3. Issaquah, WA
4. Tualatin, OR
5. Gainesville, FL


Favorite TV Shows Past and Present (and odd list since I haven't had cable since I lived in BYU's married housing - FREE CABLE!... and I just don't watch much TV anymore):
1. The Office
2. The Cosby Show
3. 30 Rock
4. Supernanny
5. Arthur (yes, the PBS Kids show - I LOVE IT!!!)


Last 5 places I've been on vacation:
1. Eagle Crest, OR (near Bend)
2. LaConner, WA
3. Rexburg, ID
4. Rochester, NY
5. probably Utah... I HEART BYU


Favorite dishes:
1. Tacos
2. Lasagna
3. Taco Soup
4. Pork Tenderloin
5. Pizza


Websites I visit:
1. Craigslist: baby & kid stuff and garage sales
2. ebay
3. Seattle Times
4. PANDORA!!!
5. My local library's online catalogue

Places I'd like to visit (I changed the topic slightly, hopefully the blogging police don't notice):
1. BYU. I've been away too long. I love how it feels there.
2. Rochester, NY (niece Natalie)
3. El Paso, TX (niece Gracie)
4. Los Angeles
5. New York City

People I'm tagging next (we'll see who's really reading this! feel free to abstain if you'd already been tagged with this one):
1. Betsy
2. Julie Despain
3. Rachel
4. Cailean
5. Julie Duncan - if you decide to get the blog going...

That was fun!

5 comments:

Cailean said...

"Hmm....let's see if Laura's updated her blog...." and there it is! I will do this one now :) Thanks!

Derek, Mari, and Colin Luangrath said...

way to be prompt! :)

Sarah Ludlum said...

Love your blog, it's so cute.

I learned a lot I didn't know about you in your blog tag....I didn't realize you'd lived in Gainesville--I went there for a chemistry convention last year and pet a gator.

I too love Napoleon Dynamite, especially Kip, he's by far my favorite. Also the office and 30 rock, best shows ever!

I was cracking up at working at Prestige Events, what a wierd job, huh?

Julie said...

I'm all over the Napoleon Dynamite trivia! It's from Uncle Rico's Tupperware-knockoff sales scene, and the lady is trying to inspire her husband to be able to tear the Tupperware. But alas, he "can't do it."

Laura said...

20 points to Julie! I knew one of my sisters would come through for me.