Friday, January 4, 2008

Emma's 3rd Birthday Party

Kudos to those of you who kept your blogs up to date during December. I barely checked my email, let alone updated the blog. So, here's what we did during December, starting with...
Emma's Birthday!
Per Emma's request, I made a Dora cake. It was an adventure. I'll leave it at that. Emma loved her cake which made it all worthwhile.
Here she's blowing out her candles. (Thanks to my Mom for taking some of these shots.)
Opening gifts from faraway family was very exciting. Especially when they put Star Wars stickers on their cards. The girls love Star Wars. Yes, this is Ryan's influence.
By the time her guests were leaving, Emma had collapsed in a tired heap on the floor. Birthdays are so tiring!
A few days later, on her actual birthday, we gave Emma our presents and, much to her delight...
she got a flute! Still don't know why she wanted one so much, but she loves it. (Thank you Dollartree!)
Blowing out birthday candles is too fun to do only once. We sang again and enjoyed ice cream.
Happy birthday Emma! Our "baby" no longer. (Oh, man - there's no crying in blogging!)

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Hey Larua! It is Colleen Conlin. I saw your blog through Cailean's and thought I would say hello! Your girls are beautiful! What a fun time you guys seem to have.

Casey and Scott said...

I can't believe you made that cake!! I'm so impressed. I feel lucky if I don't destroy the round cake while I'm trying to cover it with one color of frosting. Hey I heard through the family grapevine your having another girl! Congratulations. I thought for sure it was a boy, but Scott thought it was a girl again, he wins. Hope you had a great Christmas and we will see you soon.

Betsy said...

The cake is so cute! I have made one far more simple than that and let me tell you they are a pain! Making all the cake colors is my least favorite part and you made so many! Way to go! Thanks for your christmas card!

Jen O said...

Wow that cake is awesome! That had to take a lot of time and patience. And happy birthday Emma! I remember when she was born, and it seems like yesterday. Now she is a "little Laura." Now that I'm in primary I get to see your cute little girls every week!

Cailean said...

Great job on the cake!!! I won't even attempt to replicate characters like that! I love the look on her face at her party and Hannah's too - so fun to see the big sister at the little sister's party. Julia's 4th is coming up and it's so fun to plan, isn't it?!

Derek, Mari, and Colin said...

Impressive as always, Laura.

Your girls are growing so fast! And it's amazing how much they look like you and Ryan. Enjoy!