Monday, March 3, 2008

Gracie's Visit

During Hannah's mid-winter break, Ryan's sister Kristin and her daughter Gracie were in town from Texas. We had fun at our library's storytime and at the zoo. Here's some pics:

Hannah and Emma waiting for stories to begin. Stories were about colors, hence the crayon name tags.
Here's Gracie and Kristin at storytime.
Gracie liked the magazines - they had animals on the covers. My girls liked whatever Gracie liked. They think she's so fun.

The next day we went to the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. We had a big group: Gracie, Kristin, my Mom, Ryan's sister Julie and her kids Aeneas and Natalie. I'd never been there before and was so impressed! It was nice to have the zoo and aquarium in the same location for one low price!
This zoo's exhibits allow you to be much closer to the animals than our other zoo. We liked the elephants and the tiger.
And, when the animals weren't so interesting, Gracie was always entertaining.
Here we are: Aeneas, Natalie, Hannah, Me, Emma, Kristin, Gracie, and Julie. (My Mom's the photographer - thanks for all the pics, Mom!)
This statue provided some climbing opportunities.
Not to be left out, Gracie came over to be with her big cousins.

2 comments:

The Nits said...

Laura-
We love the PDZ and always try to have a membership. It is such a manageable zoo for little kids and my kids like to get right up next to the shark tank. Samantha

Betsy said...

Hello, I can't even tell you're pregnant! You look great! I think my face gets fat overnight!

The pics are great! I miss being closer to the zoo. My kids loved it when we were in Columbus.