Thursday, May 29, 2008

The One Armed Blogger

When I figure out how to type well with one hand, I'll be much better about updating this blog (and commenting on all of yours). I usually have Miriam in one arm and one arm free for typing, which makes all things computer very laborious. I've managed to get to my email about 1-2 times per week, but the blog has been largely ignored. I'm sure I'll get better with time. In the meantime, Miriam's sleeping on her own right now, so I have two hands to type! I may be in grubby clothes with a Miriam poop smear on my shirt, but doggone it, I HAVE TWO HANDS TO TYPE! I'd better be fast, Emma just woke up from her nap.

Here's Miriam enjoying a nice bath. She likes to be bathed and have her hair washed.
Miriam's now 6 weeks old and weighed 9 pounds 9 ounces at her one month checkup. She gained almost 3 pounds in one month! She's sleeping in 3-4 hour blocks most of the time. She still has random crying spells some evenings, but we know she'll grow out of that. Since her one month check up she's been taking baby Zantac to treat her choking and gagging. She spits up a TON and all the time, just like her sisters did, but she also chokes and gags to the point she can't breathe. The Zantac seems to be decreasing the amount of spit up a bit, so that she's less likely to choke. Ryan and the girls went out for a walk one sunny Sunday evening. Miriam's nose is barely visible out the top of the Baby Bjorn. Thanks to Julie, Dave, and Natalie for the cute matching hats. Can't wait until H&M comes to Seattle!

Hannah and Emma liked watching their shadows. Aren't simple pleasures great?

Miriam's up. That's all for now. Until the next nap!

5 comments:

paulandcherisvreeken said...

I remember when typing with one hand was the only way to get it done. I'm so grateful for naps these days too!!! She is beautiful!!!I Can't believe how much she's grown. We can't wait to get home to see her. I bet the girls are just eating her up!!! We hope that you guys are doing great. We miss you all so much. Hopefully we'll all be back together soon. Please tell your family hello for us!!!

Cailean said...

I'm so glad you posted these wonderful pictures and have updated on Miriam. It's so fun to see you guys as a family with three little girls. I get so excited when I find something that comes in ALL THREE SIZES!! Those hats are great. What a fun summer you'll have!

The Nits said...

She looks very cute. 6 weeks is when I usually hit bottom. I am very proud of you for getting out and about! The girls look terrific in their dance duds. Samantha

paulandcherisvreeken said...

We're kind of in limbo right now with the sleeping schedule. Some nights are betting than others. We've been trying to get her on a bottle a few times a day so I can go back to work and not have to worry about Paul and stressing him out but she's been fighting us pretty bad. On some of the days where she doesn't eat so well she has a hard time sleeping because she needs that extra meal but we're figuring it out. I just hope she'll stop being so stubborn soon and we'll get her to start taking a bottle sooner than later. I don't want her to go 6 hours each day without eating. It's kind of worrying me. I guess it will have to pan itself out when she wants it to.

Julie said...

hooray for one-armed blog updates and matchy-matchy hats! it's fun to see the girls enjoying them. i'll have to be sure and bring natalie's hat when we come in aug.