Friday, July 18, 2008

4th of July Camping Trip

For the 4th of July this year we traveled to the ocean to camp. It was Emma and Miriam's first time camping... and Ryan and my first time camping with 3 children. Vacation? Not so much, but we had fun and the girls had a blast. As always, click on the pictures below to enlarge them.

Even in July, the coast in Washington is pretty cloudy. Hence, the coats and hoods. Here's me, Emma, my Uncle Curt and Aunt Diane, Teddy, Ann, Hannah, and Ryan.
Ryan loves to build sand castles. Here he's working on the moat.
Hannah LOVED the waves and ran in and out with Aunt Diane.
Emma wasn't so sure about the waves or water, but she liked building sand castles.

Miriam slept through our beach adventure, snug and warm in a sling.
Hannah skipping in and out of the surf.
After the beach, Grandma washed the sand off. Ryan's holding a stick with a huge beetle bug on it. A camping treasure.Before dinnertime, Hannah ("look at my LONG legs!"), Teddy, me, Emma, Grandma/Mom, Miriam, and Ryan.

Hannah, Miriam, Emma - during a Miriam diaper changing.

Hannah jumping on a tree branch.
Grandpa snuggling Miriam.
Here's how we found Hannah one evening: sitting by Grandma's Yurt, reading a book. I think Emma's trying to convince her to come play. I think she has a squirt gun in her mouth. Yup, this picture captures their personalities pretty well.
Ryan and the girls eating breakfast one morning.
This is what they looked like after visiting the beach on a drizzly morning.


Fireworks over the ocean! Washington's best kept fireworks secret, if you asked us. We love it, but Hannah covered her ears and cried. Too loud for her.
Miriam's chillin' in her car seat covered with a bug net to keep the mosquitoes away.
Ryan cooking biscuits over our fire. He takes his biscuit cooking very seriously.

Emma and Hannah playing in the top bunk of our Yurt. Yurts are sort of like a tent cabin, in case anyone is wondering.


2 comments:

Cortney said...

It's fun to actually see pictures of a yurt--I've always wondered what they were like and now I think I would like to try it out! And great idea with the bug net for Miriam! I'm glad you had a fun 4th with family--I love camping!

Betsy said...

That looks like so much fun, even for camping!