Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turley Lurkey Doo and Turkey Lurkey Dap

Emma's still wearing her turkey hat from her Preschool party earlier this week. She plans to wear it while singing "Oh I'm glad I'm not a turkey" at Grandma's house later this evening. We'll see if she follows through on that. She likes to talk big.
I had to take a picture of the cute cupcakes from Emma's party. The one pictured is already partly eaten, but let me tell you, these were the cutest things. Fruit roll ups cut up to look like the turkey feathers! !! Emma liked it so much she ate not just the frosting, but the entire cupcake. Now you know it must have been good.
Hannah seemed a little sad that she didn't have a Thanksgiving party at school. She's a big first grader now and life is tough. Kidding aside, she loves school. The other day she asked me, "Mom, do you know what I don't like about school?" I told her I didn't know, though I might have guessed that her least favorite part of school was having to use the school restrooms. She said, "Nothing!! I like everything about school!" Whew. During her recently-completed science unit on sea life, she decided she wants to become a scientist. She's taught me all sorts of things about the ocean that I never knew. For example, since the word "twilight" has been a frequently-used word around here lately, she told me all about the twilight layer of the ocean. Then, she asked me if I knew what bioluminescense was. (I can't even spell it. Thank goodness for Google.) I still can't define it as well as she did, so I'll refer you to my friend wiki for a definition.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

2 comments:

The Nits said...

See the movie again and you'll like it better. You always remind me about "snyde remarks" and then I wonder how I've lived so long between readings. Thanks -Samantha
ps cute cupcakes!

Jen O said...

Love the title of this post. My favorite line of the song is "turkey for girls and turkey for boys...my favorite kind of pants are corduroys."

And, I'm one of the few people who hasn't seen Twilight yet, but from what I hear I shouldn't expect too much after having read the books.