Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fantastic 4

It's been said that the twos are terrible, but I would disagree. Three has been my hardest year with both Hannah and Emma. And so, it is with great excitement I announce that


EMMA IS NOW 4!!!!

Yippee! We have left the land of timeouts in triplicate and temper tantrums. Mostly, anyway. She seems to have decided, after much testing, that when Mom says "if you do ____ again, you'll get a timeout" Mom really means it. And repeating that behavior WILL land her on the naughty mat. Hmmm. Better to just heed Mom's warning than sit in the timeout.
So, before we had our little birthday celebration tonight, I interviewed Emma:
  • Favorite color: red
  • Favorite movie: Barbie's Princess and the Pauper
  • Favorite thing to do: play with Hannah and Miriam
  • Favorite thing to do at Preschool: play legos with Jolene and Caitlyn
  • Favorite song: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
  • Favorite church song: Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
  • Favorite food: Mac and cheese
  • Favorite book: The Twelve Dancing Princesses
  • Favorite place to be: Preschool
  • Best thing about having a birthday: presents!

So, here she is, opening some of her presents:

When Emma opened up the scissors, Hannah said, "oh yay for cutting out coupons!"
Emma had a great day. She was convinced that she was taller and heavier than she was the day before. Hannah picked her up and confirmed that, yes, she was heavier. She tried on some of her new clothes and an admiring Hannah said, "oh wow Emma you look FIVE in that outfit!" (That is, of course, one of the highest compliments she could give.) Emma responded, "no, I look 16." Oh, boy.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh hooray, Happy Happy Birthday Emma! What a great age - for a girl *and* her mama!

Cailean said...

That conversation at the end could totally be my girls. I FULLY agree about the 3s vs. 2s thing. It has been true about all of my kids!!! Isn't that crazy? Happy Birthday to her!

Betsy said...

Yes, 4 is much better, but I have to say girls in no way compare to boys. I remember when timeout worked with Makena, but my boys fall off the chair and scream and I just keep putting them back, but they don't stay. It drives me crazy! Bode is just entering mid-2 and I can feel the frustration rising in both of us. 3 is definitely a doozy.