Thursday, December 11, 2008

The world through rose-colored glasses

Hannah got glasses yesterday! The frames are, of course, pink. The sides are adorned with sparkly "gems." Did you expect any less? To top off the girly-factor, they came in a hot pink case with handles that make it look like a purse! How did they know that a girl who wants pink bedazzled glasses would want a pink purse case to keep them in?! Amazing.

Hannah feels sort of so-so about wearing glasses. She really likes the pink fru-fru fancy of them, but not so much the having to wear them part of them. Last night she kept taking them off and leaving them all over. Emma would then find them and put them in a "special place." Unfortunately, Emma's special places are not places that the rest of us know about. Our TV remote went to one of her special places once and we haven't seen it since.

Today is Hannah's first day wearing her glasses to school and I'm just hoping she'll keep them on. I know it's hard to wear glasses as a kid. Ryan and I were both in elementary school when we got glasses. Here's hoping the other kids will be kind and she'll just be able to forget the glasses are even there.

5 comments:

Joella said...

Michael was almost 2 when he got his glasses. The only time he's been teased is when he got bi-focals last year... other kids told him he had cracks in his glasses... but that hasn't happened recently. Sometimes other kids see them as accessories and ask their parents for them too!

Rachel said...

Wow, those are so much more awesome than my first glasses. I recently read an article in a women's magazine about wearing glasses - my favorite line: "A pair of glasses is the bravest accessory. It's the boldest way to adorn our faces, a statement about how we see ourselves. To like a girl's glasses is to applaud the person she wants to present to the world." They're like a great pair of shoes or the most fabulous handbag. So hooray for Hannah, rockin' the glasses! :)

Julie said...

Hannah, I love your taste in glasses! You'll have to come with me next time I buy myself a pair ;) You look great!

Cailean said...

She looks adorable and very studious! I think all the kids will think they are awesome and want some just like her! :)

Betsy said...

She looks so cute. My first glasses were pink too:) But, I could have only dreamed of a cute little purse holder for them.