Saturday, February 21, 2009

Peaceful Slumber

Last night after our night time scriptures, books, prayer routine, Ryan and I stayed in the girls' room for a bit. Emma and I were in her bed, chatting, reading a magazine, looking at books, etc. Ryan and Hannah snuggled into her bed and promptly fell asleep. Pretty cute, huh?



Here's Hannah and Ryan a few weeks ago before a school-sponsored Daddy-Daughter dance. Despite Ryan's broken rib, they both had a great time tearing up the dance floor.


I guess I like to take pictures of slumber. Here's Emma on the couch a few Sundays ago. She fell asleep before church and, knowing she'd miss out on her afternoon nap because of 1:00 church, we let her sleep. 1:00 church is a terrible thing. Maybe if the mothers of the world chipped in some $$ we could fund more church buildings and then we would have enough buildings so that no ward would have to meet at 1:00 and no mother would have to wrestle a napless toddler through 3 hours of church ever again. Hmmmm? Who's with me?

And here's Miriam wide awake because she doesn't sleep. Okay, she does sleep. Just not at 1:00 AM. Sigh. Her current favorite activity is emptying. The dishwasher, laundry baskets, boxes, bags, and shelves have all been emptied over and over again. She insists on standing while emptying. Sitting, apparently, is soooo last month.
Oh, and since I think it should be addressed, sorry for the lack of blog posts. I have two excuses: 1. I've been busy with another project that's taken most of my time. 2. I really just haven't felt like blogging. There. Glad that's been cleared up. You can look forward to my next post.
In April.
Just kidding.
I think.

7 comments:

Restless Mom said...

I'll donate to the no church at 1 fund! Seriously. It is TERRIBLE.

And what's this other project that's taking most of your time? Do tell... in April ;-)

Your family is adorable. We love keeping tabs on you guys!

The Nits said...

How did Ryan break a rib?! And 1:00 church is the best trial the brethren could come up with since we don't have to cross the plains . . . sacramnet meeting feels oddly similar to it though. -Samantha

Laura said...

Mari - thanks for your support in the cause.
Samantha - now that I've stopped laughing (crossing the plains! I love it!) - Ryan broke his rib playing basketball at the church. Isn't that how every church-going man over 30 gets injured - during a "friendly" church ballgame?

Warner's said...

These are great pictures of really great girls. I love the one of Mirium at 1 am. I feel like this picture describes me at 1 am only not smiling and not as cute. I'm proud of you for not blogging. I have been going through the same thing.

p.s. I had another awesome coupon day today. You're the best!

Cortney said...

I love this post, and I love your comment about not blogging--I'm right there with you! :)

paulandcherisvreeken said...

They are all so cute!!!! What's this about Ryan's broken ribs?!?!!!

iamwoman said...

I had a dream last night..that you posted something new!!! hahahahaaaa.