Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy April

As promised, I have returned to blog in April. In case anyone's been wondering, the aforementioned "project" that was taking up all my time....

...was cleaning this:



...so we can sell it. Emma says "our house is on sale." Bargain basement prices! Get it while you can!

I have been scrubbing, scouring, packing, and primping for two and a half months in order to get this baby on the market. We've put an almost embarrassing amount of stuff in storage in an attempt to "stage" our home and make the rooms look bigger.

The girls have learned not to ask where their toys are anymore. "Mom, where's the Littlest Pet Shop ... oh, yeah. Storage." Some things have been stuffed under beds and in closets, but these hiding places can only hold so many Barbies and baby dolls. It will be like Christmas and birthday times five when we finally get into the next house and open all the toy boxes again. (Side note: is it bad that I'm seriously considering NOT opening some of the toy boxes and just letting them find their way to Goodwill?)

And so, worst home-buying market in decades be darned! Our house is on the market come what may. We moved into this house seven years and three kids ago. It's time to move on.

7 comments:

HMichaelsen said...

Good luck! Are you guys staying in the same area?

Jen O said...

Oh no! I figured this day was coming for you guys, but it's too soon! :-( Where will you move? Keep us all posted.

Cailean said...

Oh I do hope you don't have any trouble selling it! Your house is very cute! Where are you moving to?

Julie said...

Woo hoo! A request from Natalie: "I wanna see more pictures?"

Restless Mom said...

Let's see more pics of the interior! I want to see your fab staging job!

Warner's said...

Sad Sad Sad...but you'll still be close...I hope. Your plce looks amazing!

Kathy said...

So I hear you sold!! Yeah, Now you need to post the new house pics. You know, I never have been to your home. I too would love to see your staging photos.