Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Miriam's One!

Miriam turned one this month **sniff** so I thought I'd tell you a little about what she's up to nowadays.


She likes to eat, but not baby food anymore. She likes flavor: chili, taco soup, etc. And some of whatever her sisters are eating better find it's way to her plate or she'll make her displeasure known. She eats well. And by well I mean often. Every 2 hours-ish she wants to sit in her high chair, have some milk, eat a few bites of whatever the last meal was, and then get down. As I write this I'm realizing I'm letting her do things that Hannah and Emma never would have gotten away with. Hmmmm.... First thing tomorrow I'm letting her know that I'm on to her third-child-I'm-wearing-Mom-down-and-making-her lower-her-standards-without-her-realizing-it ways.

This picture is for Julie. (That's "Auntie Julie in New York" for those of you who read my last post.) Anyhoo, Julie, note Miriam's cavernous room! Lessons this photo teaches me:
  1. Stuffing a 10' by 12.5' by 10' storage unit to the gills with your stuff makes for much more usable space in a room.
  2. Moving furniture around can make a room appear a lot bigger. (WHY didn't I move that crib 7 years ago?!)

Miriam loves books. When he's home, Ryan loves to read to her before she goes to bed. In this picture he hasn't even opened up the book yet and she's already quivering with excitement.

Her favorite book is Doggies by Sandra Boynton. She will even "woof" when we ask her what a dog says.

Miriam likes to cruise. Not in a car. Heavens no. She does not like cars. Rather, she likes to cruise along furniture. Unfortunately, she also likes to hang on to the barstools. She's pulled this one over on herself more than once.
Cruisin' for Cheerios under the kitchen table. She had not yet learned that Cheerios cannot be found under the tables of staged homes.

I love her in red because it makes her blue eyes pop.
We had Miriam's birthday party at a local park because we had 3 showings at our house that day. Luckily, it was sunny though quite cold. Hot chocolate would have been a better beverage than the pop in ice we were serving.

Her future's so bright....

She liked opening her presents and was very excited to see what was inside. She got a few more books to add to the bedtime collection. Hannah and Emma were excited for Miriam and stayed close to check out the new loot.

Have I mentioned that she likes books? She wanted to stop opening gifts to read each one.


She poked, she tasted, she ate, she smeared, and she was done. Oh, and a big thank you to Albertsons which provided, at no charge, Miriam's cake. Did you know they'll give you a small first birthday cake for free? I'd known that for some time, but this is the first time I'd taken them up on the offer. Birthday party combined with multiple house showings each day make that deal too good to pass up.

Next post: Sold!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Mirrum, so glad you like your spicy food and your doggies book! Natalie and I are enjoying the new photos tremendously.

And I can't believe how big her room looks now!