Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ryan's Birthday

This past Tuesday Ryan turned 34. To celebrate, we had Ryan's parents and grandparents over to dinner. As the birthday boy, he got to decide the dinner menu: flank steak, mashed potatoes, spinach salad, rolls, and blueberry pie. My parents stopped by later on to have pie and ice cream with us.



Miriam decided she liked flank steak. Wouldn't eat any watermelon and treated the mashed potatoes like playdough, but loooooved the steak. Go figure.

Ryan prefers pie to cake, so every year we make him his favorite: blueberry pie. It's nice that blueberries are in season and usually on sale around his birthday. Hannah and Emma usually hint very strongly that they'd rather be having birthday cake, but they eat some ice cream and are happy enough.

Happy birthday Ryan! We love you!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I would have to agree with Ryan...I prefer pie to cake also. Happy Birthday Ryan!! We need to schedule a family B-day gathering.

Julie said...

Flank steak...atta girl! And the blueberry pie looks lovely--my compliments to the chef!

Kathryn said...

Hey! I'm happy to meet you, Laura! Any friend of Jenni's is a friend of mine! I'm happy to share my blog with anyone and everyone who is willing to wade through it!

My husband was released as bishop just a couple of weeks ago. Maybe that is what made me so sensitive that day, I don't know. But anyhow, I'm glad I gave her a hug... she is such a sweet lady! So here's a HUG to a former bishop's wife from a former bishop's wife.