Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Too Hot to Blog

Don't worry blog readers - we survived the terrible 2009 Seattle heat wave! I'm now sitting in my 67 degree house and loving every minute of it. I'm most comfortable between 68 and 72 degrees and, I've learned, I'm the most uncomfortable, cranky, and close to insanity when it's 106 degrees. True, it wasn't 106 in my house, it was only 90-ish degrees in there. Could have been worse. So now we're back to overcast mornings with filtered sun in the afternoons. Highs in the 70s. Perfection if you ask me.

Before our blasted heat wave, we went to downtown Seattle for the annual Torchlight Parade. We thought it was a hot day - ha! Little did we know what was in store....

Here's Ryan and Miriam waiting for the parade to begin.
Emma and Hannah staked out their spots right along 4th Avenue. Hannah's showing off her gum. My kids get really excited about gum. Is this normal?

Here's my Dad and Mom with us before the parade started. My Mom drives downtown early on the morning of the parade to put down a tarp to save our spot. Thanks Mom!


It doesn't usually rain on hot days in Seattle. This night, however, we got sprinkled on a bit, but it passed quickly and it kind of felt good. Miriam loved her first parade and wasn't scared by it a bit. Hannah, on the other hand, was in tears after the infamous Seafair pirates came by and shot off their cannon. Emma liked the parade's princesses the best and wasn't too bothered by the rowdy pirates.

2 comments:

Julie said...

How fun! Wish we were there. Is it possible Miriam has grown in the couple weeks since your last post? She looks more and more like a little girl and less like a baby in every pic!

The Nits said...

Very cute, we haven't ever been to that parade, sounds like we should check it out. -Sam